All Good Things Must Come To An End

As you all know, I have been doing WordPress plugins and supporting it for the past 6 years. These 6 years of my life, I have been through my polytechnic education, my national service as well as my university education.

I just graduated from university in December 2009 and have been looking for full-time jobs. I am offered a full-time job and will be starting work on 1st February 2010.

I regret to say that I am NOT ABLE to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

However, I WILL still update my plugins whenever I can and you still can report bugs to me via email and I will try to fix it.

Author Topic: 2.5issue? wierd dates  (Read 8735 times)

Offline sultan

• View Profile
2.5issue? wierd dates
« on: 25 April 2008, 08:51 »
Dunno if this is a 2.5 issue but I dont think so, seems more have the same problem in earlier versions but I cant find something that works for me (might be that I suck at coding and understans nothing), tried several different things now. My coding skills are... pretty non existing so if some of that is needed please be as step by step as possible  ;D

This is a pic showing the different relative dates that show up with the same code...

The first one is "topic" and then relative date, todays post
The secong one showing a yesterday post
The third one is showing two days ago

And all these three version of date showing appears way back, cant see any pattern there? Thats what bugging me? If u look at my blogg (in swedish but you will se for your self) http://sultansblogg.se

Tried severel codes types and it always somthing wierd but this is what Im using right now in index.php (standard theme)
<?php the_date(); ?> <?php the_time(); ?>

Any ideas what to do? Thanks for some great plugins btw  :D

*OOps almost forgot, using the 1.20version...
*OOps 2 should have said that I want it to look like example 1  :P

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
Re: 2.5issue? wierd dates
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2008, 08:39 »
Perhaps you can download WP-RelativeDate 1.30 Beta from here http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/downloads/ and then play around with
Code: [Select]
relative_post_the_dateI am not really clear on what you want.

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2008, 15:57 »
I will give it a try, but what I wanted was to have all the post have the look of the first post "Roligaste Dagen!".
But if you look you can se that all three posts have different looks to there relative date...

First one is ok. --shows the clock and hours since posting. this is how I want it.
Second one has no (1 day ago) --shows clock but not that it was posted one day ago
Third one shows the clock twice but do have the (2 days ago) --this one is the weirdest, shows it all as ith should but throws in a extra clock?

All these three different looks with one code? Why doesnt the all look the same?

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2008, 19:38 »
I think the reason for this is because you put the_date and the_time on the same line? the_date will only appear once in a day (default by Wordpress) regardless of the number of posts made on that day. An example would be -> http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/.

The center aligned date are all the_date() while the post time is displayed by the_time()

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2008, 10:38 »
I'm so sorry, dude.. didn't put on me reading glasses before  :P
Its fixed, just me and my non skills in coding... it works great now  ;D

This is what I wrote instead in index.php
<?php relative_post_the_date('j F, l, Y') ?>

just encase someone else has similar problems. Just try this code instead.

Sorry once again for not reading the usage and thinking for a sec before posting  ::)
Thanks for a great plugin and you may close this thread..

Offline Ttech

• Official Support
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2008, 00:07 »
hehe. :)
   glad it works.. :)
Learning and Helping one day at a time.

DevNode.org Operator - The IRC network for Programers