All Good Things Must Come To An End

As you all know, I have been doing WordPress plugins and supporting it for the past 6 years. These 6 years of my life, I have been through my polytechnic education, my national service as well as my university education.

I just graduated from university in December 2009 and have been looking for full-time jobs. I am offered a full-time job and will be starting work on 1st February 2010.

I regret to say that I am NOT ABLE to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

However, I WILL still update my plugins whenever I can and you still can report bugs to me via email and I will try to fix it.

Author Topic: Trackbacks broken when wp-ban enabled....  (Read 9223 times)

Offline diesel12

• View Profile
Trackbacks broken when wp-ban enabled....
« on: 11 June 2008, 17:10 »
Just noticed I that none of our trackbacks were working.... disabled wp-ban and that solved the problem.... just a heads up.... also, just read about proxies.... no wonder they were getting through! I couldn't figure it out...... just a heads up!

Offline diesel12

• View Profile
Re: Trackbacks broken when wp-ban enabled....
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2008, 17:11 »
we're running 2.5 btw......if that helps....

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2008, 19:44 »
What about Pingback?

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline diesel12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2008, 23:59 »
I believe they were working.....

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2008, 02:29 »
Pingback and trackback works the same way, correct me if I am wrong. I don't see why pingback works and not trackback. I am getting trackback on my site with wp-ban activated but with no ban ups.

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline diesel12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2008, 07:48 »
I can't answer that.... just reporting the facts..... trackbacks were being held until we disabled it, at which time trackbacks for the past week immediately hit in a flood all at once..... including trackbacks to our own stories we had linked to... so we got all of those emails all at once notifying of new trackbacks all at the same time.... I can with 100% certainty say that disabling the plugin was the fix..... hope that helps.

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2008, 08:22 »
Hmm lets see if I can reproduce this, try trackbacking http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/2007/03/02/this-is-an-announcement/. I have enabled WP-Ban but no IPs are added to it yet.

Offline mlovelock

• View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 2.8.x
  • Theme Name: flashnews
« Reply #7 on: 17 November 2009, 11:43 »
Just wondered if this was ever resolved, as I'm also seeing this issue, with Pingbacks and Trackbacks not being displayed.

Runnning on WPMU 2.8.5.2 & Wp-Ban 1.5

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2009, 11:46 »