All Good Things Must Come To An End

As you all know, I have been doing WordPress plugins and supporting it for the past 6 years. These 6 years of my life, I have been through my polytechnic education, my national service as well as my university education.

I just graduated from university in December 2009 and have been looking for full-time jobs. I am offered a full-time job and will be starting work on 1st February 2010.

I regret to say that I am NOT ABLE to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

However, I WILL still update my plugins whenever I can and you still can report bugs to me via email and I will try to fix it.

Author Topic: I don't know how to use this Plug-in  (Read 8612 times)

Offline asd300user

• View Profile
I don't know how to use this Plug-in
« on: 19 June 2008, 10:51 »
Dear,

I've downloaded, uploaded and activated this plug-in on my wp 2.5.1 blog, but I don't know how to add a link to print for each post.

Can you explain hot to to?

Thanks

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
Re: I don't know how to use this Plug-in
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2008, 11:04 »
read the readme.html and note the tabs on top the page

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline designtheweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2009, 02:10 »
Basically Lester Chan or GaMerZ or whoever you are if you can't even bother to tell users how to use your plugin then don't fucking bother writing one. Your readme tells nothing. You are a waste of space and should just fuck off. You've wasted enough of my time already. - Fucking Asians

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2009, 02:14 »
Did you even read the fucking readme.html and look at the fucking tabs on top? If you can't even follow some simple fucking instructions, please do not humiliate yourself by using WordPress or any other software that requires you to think.

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline designtheweb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2009, 02:18 »
yeah I fucking did the readme.html tells you fuck all, the tabs on the top don't reveal anything. Where is the "How to use this?" as requested by other people, I mean come on - this is basic stuff. Users shouldn't have to do searches on help files to get the thing going.

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 June 2009, 02:21 »
Users shouldn't have to do searches on help files to get the thing going
That is when the quote RTFM comes about. If you can't be bother to read how to use something then don't use it.

How To Install (Install Tab readme.html)
   1.   Open wp-content/plugins Folder
   2. Put:

Folder: wp-print

3. Activate WP-Print Plugin
   4. You Need To Re-Generate The Permalink (WP-Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks -> Save Changes)
   5. Refer To Usage For Further Instructions
How To Use (Usage Tab readme.html)
   1.   Open wp-content/themes/<YOUR THEME NAME>/index.php

You may place it in single.php, post.php, page.php or theloop.php also.
   2. Find:

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

3. Add Anywhere Below It:

<?php if(function_exists('wp_print')) { print_link(); } ?>

If you DO NOT want the print link to appear in every post/page, DO NOT use the code above. Just type in [print_link] into the selected post/page content and it will embed the print link into that post/page only.

The first value is the text for printing post.

The second value is the text for printing page.

Default: print_link('', '')

Alternatively, you can set the text in 'WP-Admin -> Settings -> Print'.
   4. Go to 'WP-Admin -> Settings -> Print' to configure the style of the print text link.

In case you did not see the readme.html in the zip file you downloaded, here is one online http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/readme/wp-print.html

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 June 2009, 02:23 »
You are from Australia, no wonder you hate Asians so much. If you really hate Asians so much, then don't use any Asian products. No one is forcing you, you can always code one yourself.

Offline bioanarchism

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 June 2009, 02:33 »
yeah I fucking did the readme.html tells you fuck all, the tabs on the top don't reveal anything. Where is the "How to use this?" as requested by other people, I mean come on - this is basic stuff. Users shouldn't have to do searches on help files to get the thing going.

This is really sad, considering that despite a non-programmer/coder person like me is able to abide/adhere to the instructions. Even if the instructions aren't leading you directly to the solution that you are looking for - you are supposed to adapt the given instructions and modify them to suit your needs.

Apparently, the epitome of the quote "thinking on your own two feet" doesn't apply here. Instructions aren't written to spoonfeed people, they are merely documented guidelines on achieving the end result on a set of default rules.

It is sad when the user made a racist remark. It only goes to show that they are a racist country and they ought to treat their indigenous people better. And by the way, Australian Rules Football is like aerial ping pong.

Offline designtheweb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 June 2009, 03:10 »
suggest you sort out Tiananmen Square you idiot and how do you know I am not Aboriginal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
and stop trying to overpopulate the earth, there are too many everywhere, especially here and they all stand in the way and don't know what to do, don't fuck up our well structured society. And treat your own people with respect - what a wanker. Your Visa to Australia has been CANCELLED!!!

Offline bioanarchism

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 June 2009, 03:19 »
suggest you sort out Tiananmen Square you idiot and how do you know I am not Aboriginal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
and stop trying to overpopulate the earth, there are too many everywhere, especially here and they all stand in the way and don't know what to do, don't fuck up our well structured society. And treat your own people with respect - what a wanker. Your Visa to Australia has been CANCELLED!!!

I suppose you are culturally/geographically-challenged as well. Asian People != Citizens of China

Offline syz3r

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 June 2009, 06:21 »
 >:( u all might are updated with racist attack on Indians in Australia. it is really sad that they even can't follow some silly instructions,poor fucker how confuse they are ;D.

P.S. all Australian are shitheads and they look like monkey. "madar chode hai saale"

Offline bioanarchism

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2009, 07:28 »
Basically Lester Chan or GaMerZ or whoever you are if you can't even bother to tell users how to use your plugin then don't fucking bother writing one. Your readme tells nothing. You are a waste of space and should just fuck off. You've wasted enough of my time already. - Fucking Asians

... and how do you know I am not Aboriginal?

I do think that everyone could guess that you are not Aboriginal.

Hello there, Mr Michael Squire. Here's a little bit of information on how you came about to this derogatory remark:

msquire@pacificbusinessconsultants.com
msquire@designtheweb.com

Director
Pacific Business Consultants Pty Ltd
June 2007 — Present

Director
Design The Web Design Services
January 2005 — Present

Accounts Manager
Retirement Care Australia Pty Ltd
December 2005 — February 2008

Consultant
BSMimpact.com (I.M.P.A.C.T. Limited)
December 2005  — February 2008

Senior Detective - Bureau of Criminal Intelligence
Victoria Police Force
January 1978 — January 1988

Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology 1985 — 1986
Newington College 1976 — 1977
Barrenjoey High School 1974 — 1975

Home/Office/PO Addresses:
Suite 306, Level 3, 414 Gardeners Road,
Rosebery 2018 New South Wales
Australia

Stanhope Gardens/Parklea/Glenwood
New South Wales 2768
Australia

PO Box 5593 West Chatswood
NSW 1515 Australia

+61 (02) 8197 2846
+61 (02) 8206 9335
+61 (02) 9475 0664 (FAX)

Offline Malc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 August 2009, 00:33 »

I do think that everyone could guess that you are not Aboriginal.

Hello there, Mr Michael Squire. Here's a little bit of information on how you came about to this derogatory remark:

Senior Detective - Bureau of Criminal Intelligence
Victoria Police Force
January 1978 — January 1988

Yes, quite...

It's
msquire@pacificbusinessconsultants.com.au
msquire@designtheweb.com.au

if you want to send a friendly...

I send that nice bit of AU PR to the http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/
Maye they will have some fun with it.

Offline Tricky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2009, 04:24 »
Lester many thanks also from Australia, the plugin works great and was super easy to install.

designtheweb you are a sad racist retard and a disgrace to your country.

So funny that you got busted, what a moron

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 August 2009, 04:29 »
Thanks Tricky for the compliments =)