All Good Things Must Come To An End

As you all know, I have been doing WordPress plugins and supporting it for the past 6 years. These 6 years of my life, I have been through my polytechnic education, my national service as well as my university education.

I just graduated from university in December 2009 and have been looking for full-time jobs. I am offered a full-time job and will be starting work on 1st February 2010.

I regret to say that I am NOT ABLE to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

However, I WILL still update my plugins whenever I can and you still can report bugs to me via email and I will try to fix it.

Author Topic: All files found in google are downloadable by anyone!!!!  (Read 2235 times)

Offline nashsaint

• View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: sixty
I have a very big problem.  All documents in my blog are very sensitive and confidential and only registered users can download it. 

If you search google for these documents (pdf, doc, xls...), google gives you a direct link to the files and you can open it whether you're login or not!

Has anyone ever noticed this, if so, is there anything we can do about it? Otherwise, the restriction function of this very good plugin would be useless.

cheers.

Nash

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
Re: All files found in google are downloadable by anyone!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2010, 11:23 »
This has nothing to do with the plugin. If someone link the files directly, or make a smart guess and than linked it on his site, Google will crawl it. I would suggest moving the download folder somewhere and create a .htacces (http://blamcast.net/articles/block-bots-hotlinking-ban-ip-htaccess) file to protect the directory.

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.