All Good Things Must Come To An End

As you all know, I have been doing WordPress plugins and supporting it for the past 6 years. These 6 years of my life, I have been through my polytechnic education, my national service as well as my university education.

I just graduated from university in December 2009 and have been looking for full-time jobs. I am offered a full-time job and will be starting work on 1st February 2010.

I regret to say that I am NOT ABLE to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

However, I WILL still update my plugins whenever I can and you still can report bugs to me via email and I will try to fix it.

Author Topic: All HTML tags displayed in e-mail  (Read 6327 times)

Offline DungeonMastering

• View Profile
All HTML tags displayed in e-mail
« on: 28 August 2007, 07:11 »
The e-mail is sent and received successfully but all the HTML tags are displayed in the sent e-mail.  What can I do to change that?

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
Re: All HTML tags displayed in e-mail
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2007, 07:51 »
change it to plain text wp-admin -> email -> options or change an email client as it cannot support HTML

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline DungeonMastering

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2007, 08:08 »
That was easy!  Thanks!

Offline Ttech

• Official Support
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2007, 23:02 »
Glad it works... :)
Learning and Helping one day at a time.

DevNode.org Operator - The IRC network for Programers

Offline Alderete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2007, 07:55 »
I am having this problem, too, but the issue isn't my email client, it's the content of the message that WP-EMail is sending. What is happening is that the email message is constructed correctly, and HTML is successfully used in the message, _except_ for the excerpt of the post that is included. The excerpt has all of it's HTML entities decoded. Here's a sample from one message (I am cutting/pasting from the raw message received at Gmail):

Code: [Select]
<p><strong>Reductions in indirect spending will impact people, reshape services</strong><br />Posted By wtmurph On November 7, 2007 (2:53 pm) In <a href="https://www-irn.sandia.gov/newscenter/interactive/index.php/category/labs-transformation/" title="View all posts in Labs transformation" rel="category tag">Labs transformation</a></p>&lt;p&gt;The next several years will see significant increases in costs at Sandia, says Joe Polito, who heads the Labs&amp;#8217; Integrated Enabling Services Strategic Management Unit (IES SMU). &amp;#8220;Over the next five years,&amp;#8221; he says
You can see the HTML tags are correct at the start, which is part of the template. But the excerpt itself has been encoded, which I believe is not the right behavior.

I am using WordPress 2.2.2, with WP-EMail 2.11. The "E-Mail Content Type" option is set to HTML, and the "Method Used To Send E-Mail" option is set to PHP. The WP-EMail templates are all the defaults.

This issue appears with the default theme, and with all other plug-ins disabled.

Offline GaMerZ

• lesterchan.net
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
  • WordPress Version: WordPress 3.0.x
  • Theme Name: lesterchan.net v3.4
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2007, 13:34 »
Try with WP-Email 2.20 and WP 2.3.1, I remember fixing something like it.

++ lesterchan.net - Lester Chan's Website

I regret to say that I am not able to provide support for my plugins anymore due to my full-time job commitment. I will leave this forum open and let the community help one another.

Offline Ttech

• Official Support
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2007, 22:44 »
col
Learning and Helping one day at a time.

DevNode.org Operator - The IRC network for Programers